Beranda » Cara Cepat Hafal Al-Qur’an
Category Archives: Cara Cepat Hafal Al-Qur’an
|We receive several queries about memorizing the Holy Quran and the difficulties that many suffer from when they start memorizing the Book of Allah. Thus, we find them quitting memorizing after a while….|
questions, and assure that the perfect way for memorizing is to rely on Allah with a truthful heart and good faith and Allah will choose the suitable way for you.
Is this way considered the perfect?
For every man, there is a way that he is used to. I have asked one of those who had memorized the Quran about how he did that and he promptly told me if he does not have someone reading in front of him, he cannot memorize anything. There is someone else who memorizes by picturing the verses in his memory by opening the Quran and staring at for a long time. There is also a third person who is used to memorize the Quran by repeating. He repeats the verse hundred times until he memorizes it… and so each has a way he used to, but what is the perfect way?
You must not think there is only one way or your way is the best because you are used to. You need to try the other ways and benefit from them. I am introducing through these lessons to my brother readers audio- memorizing way through listening to recorded recited Quran. This way has advantages that we have mentioned some of them. The important one is that it does not require a teacher, a place or time, but an open way.
At the beginning, some readers may not be familiar to this way; nonetheless, after some time they will feel great pleasure and sweetness. In fact, they will interact with listening to the Quran until they find themselves weeping from Allah-fearing whenever they listened to the Quran.
Does memorizing the Quran way need a teacher or a sheikh?
I can tell you beloved brother about my experience in memorizing which was without a teacher. I was depending on listening to the Quran only and that made the memorizing process easy. By doing so, I was not bound by a definite date or place for memorizing, but all times and places were open. This helped me to utilize every minute of my time.
However, there is a belief among many or all scholars emphasizing the necessity of the presence of a teacher for memorizing, and you cannot memorize anything without a teacher. Besides, you cannot master the rules of recital if there is not someone to listen to you and correct them for you.
I say this is half correct. It is correct that a believer is in need of a good example and someone to correct his mistakes. It is not correct that I make all my dependence on the teacher. If it is easy to find a teacher who keeps by heart the Book of Allah Almighty that will be a good thing, but if the circumstances of the one who wants to memorize the Quran are not suitable to follow Quran classes, should he quit the Quran and forget?
Thus, you can depend on yourself and Allah first in memorizing and trying imitating what you listen to on cassettes and even trying to record your voice while reciting the Quran. Then, you listen to it and try find out your mistakes by yourself.
Then, whenever you avail a suitable chance to meet a memorizing teacher, you may show him what you have memorized and ask him to correct your recital mistakes. However, language mistakes must not happen, because when you listen to a reciter from a cassette, you are listening to a correct reciting. You should listen very carefully and pick every sound vibration and try to echo it. Here forth, we realize the meaning of Almighty saying, “When the Qur’an is read, listen to it with attention, and hold your peace: that ye may receive Mercy.” [ Al-A’raf: The Heights: 204] You must check and think of every letter the reader pronounce. It is preferable to utilize all your feelings and interact with the Quran and its concepts.
How can Neuro Linguistic Programming help in memorizing the Quran?
We may make use of the sciences of this age and utilize what has western scholars have discovered to serve the Book of Allah Almighty. They use concentration and self control to succeed in collecting money and fame, and we use the concentration power in understanding, memorizing the Quran, success in pleasing Allah almighty and collecting good deeds!
Neuro Linguistic Programming experts confirm the importance of insistence on achieving the goal which should be part of your life and give all your time to get it. You beloved brother, you can make the Quran your goal in this World and the Hereafter.
Imagine yourself that you have memorized the Quran; you will live your life with the Book of Allah Almighty. It is the healing, medicine, reassurance and power. Imagine that you will meet with Allah Almighty and you keep His Words, isn’t it that a great thing…. And thus you can program your brain and life for memorizing the Book of Allah Almighty.
What are the books that are useful in memorizing the Quran?
The books that are available now are ways and experiences suggested by its owners for easing memorization. However, there is no book that makes you memorize, but it is your will and sincerity which are more important than any book.
- Try to memorize every day even if it is little of the Quran but do not desert the Quran
- Read what you have memorized in prayer, and repeat that and you will find joy when your prayer is longer
- Try to think of the memorized verses meanings before you go to bed, and when you get up, because the subconscious at these two times is connected to the brain. Your dreams while sleeping will transform into beautiful dreams and you will see yourself reciting the Quran, is there anything more wonderful than that?!
- Believe strongly that you can memorize the Quran, and you will keep it by heart if Allah permits.
|There are some questions that we have received after the first lesson from this educational series, and we should answer them before showing the second lesson in memorizing the Quran.….|
From these questions: How can the recited Quran be listened to? Should we listen to a whole Surah several times a day? And what are the suitable times for listening to the Quran?
How can the recited Quran be listened to?
You should know my brother believers that all times are suitable for listening to the Quran. The believer mentions Allah in all times, standing, sitting, lying down on his side, before going to bed, at awakening, when at work, when walking on the street and when are among friends and family. The believer mentions Allah in all times and so listening to the Quran does not have a specific time. However, those who want to memorize should listen to recited Quran whenever it is possible. Almighty says, “Men who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides” [Al- ‘Imran: The Family of ‘Imran: 191]
Should we listen to a whole Surah several times a day?
I prefer to repeat listening to the same Surah several times every day until its words become familiar to the listener. For example, if you want to memorize An-Naml (The Ant) Surah, you have to listen to this Surah in a voice of one of those who recite it for several times in a period of several days. Then, the memorization process will be very easy after that. I have followed that and it was fruitful. I have memorized the Quran without exerting any great effort because I was listening to the Quran.
What is the perfect time to memorize the whole Quran?
We should know that the Great Apostle (pbuh) memorized the Quran in 23 years!!! The period the Quran was revealed. From the Prophet sayings, there is no specific time for memorization, but my brother reader, you can memorize what may Allah avails for you from His Book and you determine firmly to complete memorization.
Do not feel disinterested if suitable circumstances were not available. You only need to ask Allah Almighty to furnish you the suitable circumstances and He may answer your supplication. You may be able to memorize in a month and it may take years, but I think the right period for who likes to set a time table is one year or two years.
Finally, the left question is around my experience in memorizing the Quran and how much time did it take me to keep by heart the Book of Allah Almighty? In fact, I did not think at all during my memorization process of time or how much I memorized. However, my concern was pleasing Allah Almighty, and I was always saying I need the big rewards and proximity to Allah Almighty. I used to know that a believer may memorize “Say: He is Allah, the One and Only” Surah and he will be at the top in front of Allah because of his devotion and sincerity with Allah. This is what makes the believer the best memorizer of Allah’s Book because Allah will assist him to memorize.
But, whoever memorizes the Quran to boast and gain a certificate to show to people, his rewards will be little even if he memorized the whole Quran. Maybe, all of us know about the man who will be used to fuel Hell on the Day of Resurrection, a man who kept the Quran by heart and read it to be called a reader, a man who takes pride in memorizing in front of people and not for the sake of Allah. This person got his rewards in this World and does have anything in the Hereafter.
Therefore, I always say dear brother and sister: Little memorization with sincerity is much better than much without devotion.
How should I memorize a Surah from the Quran?
The new way depends on three stages:
- Listening to recited Quran stage
- Stage of understanding, managing and deep-thinking of the speech we heard
- Stage of establishing memorization from the Book
Listening to recited Quran stage
We have mentioned in the first lesson of this educational series the importance of listening to the Quran. It has a great impact in long-period memorization. This way is not new or innovative, but it was the way if our Master, the Prophet (pbuh).
The Great Apostle (pbuh) was memorizing the Quran by listening to Gabriel (pbuh); therefore, the first stage is listening and repeating this process.
Stage of understanding, managing and deep-thinking of the speech we heard
The second stage is very important in easing the memorization process and making it enjoyable and interesting. When you consider the verses you have heard and understand them carefully, that will consolidate these verses in your memory for a longer period and you will discover new things in the indications of the verses.
Stage of establishing memorization from the Book
The third stage is establishing memorization from the Book. After, we have listened to the Surah many times, it has become familiar to us, and we have understood its words from availed explanations or asking scholars. Let us now read this as follows:
- Reading this Surah as whole three or four times.
- Divide this Surah into portions and each portion includes several verses according the linguistic meaning and the connections between the portions with each other.
- Read the first portion several times until you complete memorizing it, next, read also the second portion several times until you memorize, then, read the third and repeat it many times until you feel that you have memorized it.
- Now, you have to connect these portions, you read the first and the second portions several times until you memorize them. Then, read the third and the fourth portions till you memorize them.
- Then, you read the four portions together, memorize and establish them.
- Finally, we move to the fifth portion and so on until we complete memorizing the Surah.
A practical example from Surah An-Naml (The Ant)
- First stage: As aforementioned, we have to listen to Surah An-Naml every day several times.
- Second stage: We try to understand every word in this Surah.
- Third stage: We establish memorization from the Book.
Now, we will live in the introduction of Surah An-Naml. This Surah was named the Ant because it was the only Surah in the Quran in which the ants were mentioned. Before you know how to memorize this Surah you need to know the story of our Master Solomon (pbuh) in this Surah in an easy manner.
The story of Solomon (pbuh)
There was among Solomon’s soldiers a bird named “The Hoopoe”. This bird disappeared by traveling far away. Solomon (pbuh) came to ask about it and he did not find it. He said: he will punish it severely because it went without his permission unless it comes back with news or true important information.
Soon, the Hoopoe came back and showed in front of Solomon (pbuh) and said: I knew new things you do not know O’ King. King Solomon said: What is this new information which I do not know?
The Hoopoe said: I went to Sheba, and I found there people who prostrate to the sun and do not believe in Allah. They have a queen with a great throne decorated with gold, silver, and jewels. The Hoopoe continued saying that those infidels do not prostrate to Allah Almighty who knows the secrets of skies, the earth and everything.
Solomon (pbuh) said: we will consider what you have said, but you have to go back with a letter to them. In this letter, I will call them to believe in Allah Almighty and quit worshipping the sun.
The Hoopoe went to Sheba carrying King Solomon’s (pbuh) letter. When it arrived to the queen palace, it dropped the letter near it. A soldier came, took the message and handed to the queen. The queen summoned her ministers and told them: I received a letter from King Solomon, a noble letter starting with, “In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.” And required us to submit to the true religion and quit worshiping our god, the sun. What shall I do?
The ministers said: We are strong and King Solomon cannot conquer us. The queen replied: This king is very strong and he can conquer us. When kings enter a country, they destroy it and humiliate its people. Therefore, I think we send him a gift because it may convince him and stop attacking us.
The queen sent a gift of jewels, gold and very precious things. But the Hoopoe had heard the queen’s words, went back to Solomon, and told him that: The queen is sending you a gift.
When the gift arrived to Solomon, he did not accept it and said: Do you give me money? Allah has given me things much better than what you have. You rejoice the gift while I do not rejoice other than the gift of Allah, His generosity and mercy.
Then, he said: Go back to them. We will bring them an army that they will not be able to meet. We will dispel them in disgrace. The soldiers went back with the gift to their queen and told her with what happened. They said: That King Solomon will send us soldiers to dispel us from our country. What do you order us to do? And how to behave in this situation?
This queen was wise and very smart. She realized that this king was not like other kings. He did not covet money, but he called for faith in Allah free of charge and without pay. Therefore he had to be sincere; I would go and talk to him.
The queen went with some of her soldiers to King Solomon (pbuh). Then, Solomon (pbuh) had met with his ministers and men. The counsel included some sprite of jinn whom Allah had made them subservient and that was a grant which Allah gave it to Solomon and no one after him.
Solomon told them: I want from you to bring me the throne of this queen, because they will come in submission to the true religion. Who can bring this throne before they come? A sprite of jinn said: I can bring you this throne before you leave this counsel? I am strong, reliable and obedient to you O King.
Then, one of the believers who had been given knowledge from Him and who used to read the Psalms, Solomon and David’s Book that was revealed by Allah and from which he learned a lot said: I can bring you this throne within the twinkling of an eye!!! Then, this good man brought the throne from Sheba. No sooner had Solomon (pbuh) close his eyes when he saw the throne in front of him. He hurried to thank Allah Almighty for all of the blessings given by. This is the true believer whenever is blessed, he hastened to thank Allah Almighty for this grace.
After that, Solomon (pbuh) said to his soldiers: Take this throne and transform some things in it so that the Queen of Sheba when she comes, she cannot recognize. We want to be assured whether she can recognize her throne or not. They transformed the throne. This shows that Allah always tests the believer to see if that has a negative impact on his faith or his faith will increase.
When Balqis, Queen of Sheba came into Solomon Kingdom and met King Solomon (pbuh), he took her and showed her the throne which was her. He asked her: Is this your throne? Sheba Queen said: I do not know, but it looks like the throne I posses and it resembles it a lot.
Balqis was astonished by this scene and asked a lot about the secret of the existence of this throne. However, she was impressed by King Solomon and how he brought her throne from Sheba or how he could make one alike!!!
Despite that, she tried to declare her submission to the true religion, but she hesitated because she was a disbeliever and was prostrating to the sun and this what had stopped her from believing in Allah Almighty. Our Master Solomon (pbuh) realized that.
Thus, King Solomon (pbuh) took her to a lofty building with a great arena made of glass. She said this is a lake of water! But Solomon (pbuh) told her that this is a palace paved smooth by transparent glass. Allah has made subservient who can make for him this antiques and wonders.
Here and in this situation, Balqis, the Queen, stood convinced and declared embracing Islam in front of Solomon (pbuh) who was glad for this happy ending for a woman who was a disbeliever!!
Now let us write the first portion of this Surah (from verse 1 to 44) and we divide into portions as follows:
The first portion: Introduction of Surah and a talk about the Quran
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. These are verses of the Qur’an,-a book that makes (things) clear; 2. A guide: and glad tidings for the believers,- 3. Those who establish regular prayers and give in regular charity, and also have (full) assurance of the hereafter. 4. As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they wander about in distraction. 5. Such are they for whom a grievous Penalty is (waiting); and in the Hereafter theirs will be the greatest loss.6. As to thee, the Qur’an is bestowed upon thee from the presence of one who is wise and all-knowing.
The second portion: Story of Moses (pbuh)
7. Behold! Moses said to his family: “I perceive a fire; soon will I bring you from there some information, or I will bring you a burning brand to light our fuel, that ye may warn yourselves. 8. But when he came to the (fire), a voice was heard: “Blessed are those in the fire and those around: and glory to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. 9. “O Moses! verily, I am Allah, the exalted in might, the wise!…. 10. “Now do thou throw thy rod!” But when he saw it moving (of its own accord)as if it had been a snake, he turned back in retreat, and retraced not his steps: “O Moses!” (it was said), “Fear not: truly, in My presence, those called as apostles have no fear,- 11. “But if any have done wrong and have thereafter substituted good to take the place of evil, truly, I am Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 12. “Now put thy hand into thy bosom, and it will come forth white without stain (or harm): (these are) among the nine Signs (thou wilt take) to Pharaoh and his people: for they are a people rebellious in transgression.” 13. But when Our Signs came to them, that should have opened their eyes, they said: “This is sorcery manifest!” 14. And they rejected those Signs in iniquity and arrogance, though their souls were convinced thereof: so see what was the end of those who acted corruptly!
The third portion: Story of Solomon (pbuh) and the ants
15. We gave (in the past) knowledge to David and Solomon: And they both said: “Praise be to Allah, Who has favoured us above many of his servants who believe!” 16. And Solomon was David’s heir. He said: “O ye people! We have been taught the speech of birds, and on us has been bestowed (a little) of all things: this is indeed Grace manifest (from Allah.)” 17. And before Solomon were marshalled his hosts,- of Jinns and men and birds, and they were all kept in order and ranks. 18. At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: “O ye ants, get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it.” 19. So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: “O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants.”
The fourth portion: Solomon (pbuh) and birds
- And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: “Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is he among the absentees? 21. “I will certainly punish him with a severe penalty, or execute him, unless he bring me a clear reason (for absence).” 22. But the Hoopoe tarried not far: he (came up and) said: “I have compassed (territory) which thou hast not compassed, and I have come to thee from Saba with tidings true. 23. “I found (there) a woman ruling over them and provided with every requisite; and she has a magnificent throne. 24. “I found her and her people worshipping the sun besides Allah. Satan has made their deeds seem pleasing in their eyes, and has kept them away from the Path,- so they receive no uidance,- 25. “(Kept them away from the Path), that they should not worship Allah, Who brings to light what is hidden in the heavens and the earth, and knows what ye hide and what ye reveal. 26. “(Allah)!- there is no god but He!- Lord of the Throne Supreme!” 27. (Solomon) said: “Soon shall we see whether thou hast told the truth or lied! 28. “Go thou, with this letter of mine, and deliver it to them: then draw back from them, and (wait to) see what answer they return”…
The fifth portion: Solomon (pbuh) and Queen Balqis
29. (The queen) said: “Ye chiefs! here is delivered to me – a letter worthy of respect. 30. “It is from Solomon, and is (as follows): ‘In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful: 31. “‘Be ye not arrogant against me, but come to me in submission (to the true Religion).'” 32. She said: “Ye chiefs! advise me in (this) my affair: no affair have I decided except in your presence.” 33. They said: “We are endued with strength, and given to vehement war: but the command is with thee; so consider what thou wilt command.” 34. She said: “Kings, when they enter a country, despoil it, and make the noblest of its people its meanest thus do they behave. 35. “But I am going to send him a present, and (wait) to see with what (answer) return (my) ambassadors.”
The sixth portion: Solomon (pbuh) and the throne
36. Now when (the embassy) came to Solomon, he said: “Will ye give me abundance in wealth? But that which Allah has given me is better than that which He has given you! Nay it is ye who rejoice in your gift! 37. “Go back to them, and be sure we shall come to them with such hosts as they will never be able to meet: We shall expel them from there in disgrace, and they will feel humbled (indeed).” 38. He said (to his own men): “Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before they come to me in submission?” 39. Said an ‘Ifrit, of the Jinns: “I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council: indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted.” 40. Said one who had knowledge of the Book: “I will bring it to thee within the twinkling of an eye!” Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: “This is by the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !” 41. He said: “Transform her throne out of all recognition by her: let us see whether she is guided (to the truth) or is one of those who receive no guidance.”
The seventh portion: The end of the Story
42. So when she arrived, she was asked, “Is this thy throne?” She said, “It was just like this; and knowledge was bestowed on us in advance of this, and we have submitted to Allah (in Islam).” 43. And he diverted her from the worship of others besides Allah. for she was (sprung) of a people that had no faith. 44. She was asked to enter the lofty Palace: but when she saw it, she thought it was a lake of water, and she (tucked up her skirts), uncovering her legs. He said: “This is but a palace paved smooth with slabs of glass.” She said: “O my Lord! I have indeed wronged my soul: I do (now) submit (in Islam), with Solomon, to the Lord of the Worlds.”
The reader may follow the above steps to memorize the portions one after another, then joining and memorizing every two portions, and so on we treat the rest of the Surahs.
- Choose your best times to memorize the Quran; do not put this project on the margin of your life. The Quran won’t give anything unless you give it everything.
- You should know that the biggest mission of the Noble Prophet (pbuh) was memorizing the Quran and spread it to his people. The best thing you can do is memorizing the Quran. Therefore, the Prophet (pbuh) said: (The best of you is the one who learned the Quran and taught it). You should intend to memorize the Quran and teach it to others.
- Try to read any study or article related to the Quran such as the studies of the miracles of the Quran. This process will strengthen your relations with the Quran,
- Try always to search the meaning of any word you hear and you do not understand its meaning from an explanation, an Internet site or asking a scholar. Because this process will increase your information account greatly with time.
By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel
|There are questions that you have to answer before you start memorizing the Quran, so that your project is fruitful if Allah will. Everyone has his own projects in life, but the best work will be memorizing the Book of Allah Almighty.….|
A Project for this World and the Hereafter
At the beginning, you have to plan well for this project that will change your life totally as it did to those who memorized the Quran before you. Perfect planning requires you to study it well, study its benefits and results, and study the shortest way to execute it. Without that, the project will be unproductive, and this is the reason that many of those who try to memorize the Quran fail.
Why do I memorize the Quran?
This is a question you should ask yourself, and you should have a clear answer to it in your mind, why should one memorize the Quran? Whenever the benefits of this work are more, your determination will be higher and you will achieve your goal easily. What are the benefits of memorizing the Quran?
Benefits of memorizing the Quran
- Since the Quran is the word of Allah Almighty, when you memorize it , this will be the best you ever done! Memorizing the Quran will open all the doors of good for you.
- Memorizing the Quran means that you will obtain ten good deeds for each letter! If you know, for example that the number of letters in the shortest Surah in the Quran, which is Surah Al-Kawthar, is 42 letters. This Surah can be read in seconds, which means that whenever you read it, your account at Allah Almighty will increase to 420 good deeds, each one of these good deeds is much better than this World and what is in it!! Consider how many good deeds you will gain when you read the whole Quran which includes more than three hundred thousand letters!!
- The Quran includes all the sciences of this World and the Hereafter, the stories of ancestors and successors. It includes many of the scientific, cosmic, legislative and medical facts, and it includes also provisions, laws and legislation that regulate the life of a believer and make him much happier. This means that when you memorize the Quran, you memorize the largest encyclopedia.
- This Quran, which you memorize and keep today, will be your companion at the dying moment!! It will be your defender and your intercessor at the time you are abandoned by the nearest people. The Prophet (pbuh) says, “Read the Quran, it will be the intercessor of its companions on the Day of Resurrection” Will there be a best moment other than the one when meeting on the Day of Resurrection with Allah Almighty and you have memorized His words.
- When you memorize the Quran, your expressing ability will be stronger because of the classic Arabic you acquire from the Quran. You will have more ability for dealing, endurance and patience, because memorizing the Quran is not only like memorizing a poem, a story, or a song. However, when you memorize the Quran, in fact you are changing your attitude towards everything around you, and thus your behavior will be following what you have memorized
- Our Lady Aysha (May Allah be pleased with her) was asked about the ethics of the Prophet and she said, “His ethics was the Quran”!! If you would like your ethics be like the Prophet’s (pbuh), you have to memorize the Quran.
- The Quran is a healing for physical and psychological diseases. If reading Al-Fatiha (The Opening) cures a patient if Allah permits, what about who memorize the whole Quran? You will get rid of devilish whispers; your body immunity will increase due to the great change you experience while you are memorizing the Quran. This is not only a theoretical speech but a real experience that is witnessed by those who memorized the Quran or parts of it.
- When you decide to memorize the Quran, you won’t have extra time, boredom, nor a feeling of concern, stress and fear. The Quran will remove concerns, grief and the accumulations of the past, you will be reborned. Nonetheless, what prevent us from memorizing the Quran in our hearts? Why do many people try to memorize the Book of Allah Almighty but they cannot? The reason according what I think is a big problem that we have to overcome, what is it?
What is the biggest problem you face in the project?
The biggest problem that many may not be aware of is that the Quran has a unique style that is not found in any other book, and this means you take more time to familiarize yourself with this style, until every cell in your body can interact with the Speech of Allah Almighty. Almighty says, “Allah has revealed (from time to time) the most beautiful Message in the form of a Book, consistent with itself, (yet) repeating (its teaching in various aspects): the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble thereat; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of Allah’s praises. Such is the guidance of Allah. He guides therewith whom He pleases, but such as Allah leaves to stray, can have none to guide” [Az-Zumar: The Troops: 23]
Passing this stage in the project of memorizing the Quran is the most important. Most of those who start memorizing the Quran, then stop later and do not continue, the reason will be that they are not familiar with the Quran style. Therefore, you find them feel difficulty in memorizing, feel upset and heaviness and they do not know the cause.
My brother reader, if you know how information is stored in the brain, this process will be easy. At the beginning, a month may pass to memorize one page, but after six month, you can memorize this page in two hours!! This is scientific, because storing information in the cells of the brain is done according to an accelerated accumulation system, the first page needs more time, and the second needs lesser time and so on until we reach a stage where memorizing will be a more enjoyable and very easy process. Almighty says, “And We have indeed made the Qur’an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?” [Al-Qamar: The Moon: 17]
Advantages of this way
My brother believer! The way you are going to learn has several advantages:
- The way is practical and very easy, and does not require a Sheikh, a teacher or a reciter, but depends on self learning. I have tried it and it has success.
- Memorizing the Quran in this way does not mean only memorizing but it expands your information horizon and assists you in deducting some of the Quran wonders.
- This way does not require a specific time or system, but you can do at any time and in any how to be.
How can I start memorizing?
The first step on the road to memorize the Quran thoroughly is to believe that this project is the most important project in your life, and this project will not take part of your time!!! Allah will bless your time and you will find that the rest of your work will not stop, but it will flourish and become much easier than before.
Do not feel that memorizing the Quran will need any time. Whatever time you spent in reading, considering and memorizing that will not impact your time but your time will increase. I will give an example to illustrate that:
If you have time allotted for studying to succeed in the exam, and you took some of it for memorizing the Quran, what is the result? Memorizing the Quran will develop your grasp ability, expand your thinking range and equip you with a great ability for memorizing, understanding and comprehension. When you memorize some Surahs, you will notice that you can understand your studies in time less than used to be, and this is what I have gone through. Your performance on the test will greatly be enhanced because memorizing the Quran gives you psychological and mental stability and gives you the trust that Allah is the one who decides your exam result and not your effort or work. This stability and trust is half success.
Let us start the project
Please dear reader start with listening to recited Quran for the longest possible period, but why is this step? The aforementioned barrier which prevents you from memorizing the Quran is due to your brain not responding to memorizing the Quran because of its unique style which you are not familiar to.
You may listen to the Quran from a computer, a TV or a recorder which all are given by Allah to us to make use of and benefit from listening to the Quran through them. You may concentrate at the beginning on short Surahs at the end of the Book and listen to them so many times a day, especially after awakening and directly before going to bed.
If you can sleep while the Quran is being recited, this has a great impact on storing the Quran in your subconscious! This leads to a permanent memorization of the Quran verses, in other words, your subconscious retains these verses which you can retrieve any time you wish.
You have to repeat listening to the same Surah many times, so that you are familiar to. As for words you hear them for the first time and you do not understand, you will find yourself got familiar and near to and about to understand when you repeat listening to the Surah.
You may wonder my beloved brother if I tell you that after memorizing the Quran, the best thing to me is listening to recorded Quran recited by a sweet voice, and you may wonder more if you know that I was spending most of my time listening to songs, besides, I was playing some musical instruments. Notwithstanding, when I have started listening to the Quran for long periods, nothing else will amuse me other than the words of Almighty.
There is a prophetical saying you have to learn, it is Our Beloved Apostle saying, “Who abandons anything for the sake of Allah, Allah compensates him with a better one than it”. After I heard this saying, I have decided to desert all entertaining means that shun mentioning Allah, and Allah has compensated me with the Quran. Will you quit what diverts from mentioning Allah and ask Allah to give you in turn something better?
What is next?
If you want to memorize the Quran in addition to enjoy that, follow us in this project which I introduce it as a gift for whoever loves the Quran. You may register in the email list by entering your email address so that you will be informed of what is new and you can follow the memorization process easily if Allah permits.
We will learn in the coming lesson how to memorize the Quran efficiently and we will talk about some secrets of the memorizing process and remembering from a scientific view. We ask Allah Almighty for facilitation and acceptance.
I can tell you that the Quran has changed my life totally, why do not you change your life and decide at this moment to join this profitable project, and start the first step in memorizing the Quran by taking a decision on that?
By: Abduldaem Al-Kaheel
Realize it’s a spiritual AND physical project. It’s a miracle and blessing from Allah that you’re able to absorb the Qur’an. If you want to take advantage of this blessing, you should be in a position to receive it and therefore strive physically to achieve it and strive spiritually to get the maximum benefit.
1. Sincerity. The first matter you have to pay attention to is your intention (if you intend good you will get good). Make sure that the intention you are making is only for the sake of Allah , to seek His Pleasure so that insha’Allah, with His Mercy, we will be rewarded in the Aakhirah. It is not to show off in front of others that you have memorized a lot. Sincerity is not a one time factor rather it’s a continual battle that you always have to renew.
2. Consistency. The more frequently you memorize, the easier it becomes. It is very essential to be consistent, and not to skip even one day. There is no weekend in worship. The bare minimum that one should memorize is at least 3 lines, 5 is more ideal. If you are consistent, insha’Allah, you will be able to be huffadh in 5-6 years
3. Timing. The first thing you should do in the day is memorize – even do so before your breakfast, because this is your spiritual breakfast. The best time to memorize is right after Fajr. . (Sh. Yasir used to take one hour to memorize a page in the beginning, and eventually came down to 15-20 minutes)
4. Atmosphere. Have a secluded place to go to and memorize in a place that is quiet. You just can’t memorize properly with distractions, so turn off all your devices (like cell phones)
5. Familiarity: start at the same time, at the same place and use the same mushaf every day. You need to have your own copy of the Mushaf (the Madani Mushaf is highly recommended), it will later become so dear to you.
6. No Magic trick: repeat, repeat, repeat, over and over again. It is just repetitive recitation and/or listening that will help to memorize.
7. Memorize with the meaning: read the translation before you start and try to match the Arabic words with their meanings
8. Surround yourself with recitation: listen to the Qur’an. Before you start memorize, listen to what you are about to memorize. Sh. Husary is highly recommended (see here the best resources to help you memorize)
9. Find a recitation buddy: get a friend, a family member or someone you know who will listen to your recitation every day. Ideally, get someone who is also memorizing to create a peer pressure system.
10. Recite daily in your salah what you have memorized. If you forget one portion, you will immediately rush towards the Qur’an and correct your mistake and you will never do this mistake again.
11.Triple daily dose:
a) New memorization at your assigned time of the day
b) Revision of the previous 7 days, just before you start the new memorization: This is because the fastest thing you forget is the new memorization. And doing so, will also build the connector between the old ones and the new portion you are going to memorize. Plus, it will be a good warm up for the brain when you recall from your memory and recite, before you go into the real exercise of doing the new memorization.
c) At a later/another time of the day, revise those before the recent 7 days. The bare minimum should be 4-5 pages.
12. Do not jump around. Be consistent. Don’t try to go to another surah if you find it difficult and stick to the order. That way, you will have the satisfaction of having completed a juz rather than leaving some portions here and there.
13. The three chunks. Start from the back. Shorter surahs will bring you a big boost. You should divide the memorization of the Qur’an in three parts:
a) Juz 28, 29, 30 or just Juz 29, 30
b) Surah Al-Kahf till Juz 28
c) Surah Al-Baqara to Surah Al-Kahf
Kali ini kita belajar menghafal Al-Qur’an dari salah seorang saudara muslim nun jauh di Amerika ,beliau adalah Nihal Khan ,Nihal lahir dan dibesarkan di New Jersey dan meraih gelar sarjana di bidang Psikologi dan minor dalam Bisnis dari Montclair State University dan diploma dalam bahasa Arab dari Bayyinah Institute. Dia mulai menghafal Al-Qur’an di Darul Uloom New York dan selesai pada usia tujuh belas di Saut al-Furqan Academy di Teaneck, New Jersey. Dia lalu melanjutkan kegiatanya untuk memimpin shalat Taraweh setiap tahun sejak saat itu. Seiring dengan kemampuanya yang mampu menghafalkan 30 Juz Al-Qur’an, Nihal dipanggil untuk menjadi Asisten Imam di daerah Bergen County untuk menggantikan imam utama ketika berhalangan hadir. Saat ini ia bekerja sebagai Chaplain Muslim di penjara county di New Jersey dan juga mengajar di Univeritas Pendidikan di Studi Agama.
Berikut adalah metode yang Beliau sampaikan
Dalam menghafalkan Al-Qur’an kita harus memahami 3 hal,yaitu :
1 ) Pelajaran Baru ,
2 ) Hafalan Baru ,
3 ) Hafalan yang sudah lama (Tua) .
Saya akan memberikan penjelasan singkat pada masing-masing kategori dan kemudian akan menunjukkan kepada Anda bagaimana cara mengahafal dan menambah hafalan . Harus kita pahami bahwa untuk menghafal Al Qur’an untuk jangka yang panjang adalah proses yang memakan waktu kurang lebih sebulan. Setelah Anda menghafal sebuah ayat , tidak akan mudah sampai Anda mengulanginya beberapa kali sampai masuk benar-benar masuk bagian yang paling dalam di dalam otak kita .
Ini adalah langkah awal ketika Anda ingin menghafal . Jika Anda ingin serius tentang menghafal , Anda harus mengikuti tips ini persis seperti yang tertulis di bawah ini .
1 ) Bacalah tiap halaman minimal 10 kali.
2 ) Membaca ayat pertama pada sebanyak 10 kali sambil sesekali melihatnya
3 ) Sekarang membaca ayat yang sama 10 kali tanpa melihatnya , sampai Anda dapat membacanya tanpa kesalahan .
4 ) Mulailah menggabungkan ayat . Ucapkan pertama dan kedua ayat bersama-sama tanpa melihat dan tanpa kesalahan .
5 ) Tetap menggabungkan ayat pada halaman . Setiap kali Anda menghubungkan ayat baru , kembali ke bagian atas halaman dan baca sampai ayat yang telah Anda hafal .
6 ) Ketika Anda mencapai ayat terakhir, mengulang semua hafalan Anda.
7 ) Setorkan hafalan. Anda tidak boleh membuat kesalahan .
8 ) Anda harus mengulangi hafalan beberapa kali ,sampai benar-benar tersimpan didalam otak Anda .
Ini adalah jumlah Qur’an yang telah Anda hafal dalam 30 hari terakhir . Perhatikan hal ini dengan serius ,karena akan menentukan apakah ayat yang telah Anda hafal akan bertahan dalam waktu yang lama dalam hidup Anda atau tidak . ( Mempertahankan / Mengulang Al- Qur ʾ an adalah proses 25 hari . Setelah itu 25 hari , meninjau sebulan sekali akan cukup . Hal ini akan mengarah pada ‘ hafalan lama’ yang akan kita bahas selanjutnya.
1 ) Anda harus muroja’ah hafalan Anda dan menyetorkanya kepada seseorang yang ahli dalam membaca Al-Qur’an.
2 ) Jika dalam sehari Anda telah berhasil menghafalkan 1 halaman ,maka yang harus Anda lakukan adalah muroja’ah dan menyetorkanya kepada sesorang sampai benar-benar tidak ada kesalahan.
3 ) Dari titik ini , apa pun yang Anda menghafal , itu harus dibaca setiap hari . Ketika saya mengatakan membaca , itu berarti terakhir untuk diri sendiri tanpa kesalahan dan dibacakan kepada orang lain .
4 ) Jika karena alasan tertentu Anda tidak meninjau ‘ hafalan baru’ Anda untuk hari itu , maka jangan menghafal ayaat baru. Anda menuangkan air ke dalam cangkir w / lubang . Setiap hari Anda tidak meninjau ‘ menghafal baru , ‘ Anda membuat lubang di cangkir Anda lebih besar dan lebih besar sampai Anda tidak akan ingat apa-apa ! ( Jika Anda tidak meninjau halaman selama tujuh hari berturut-turut , kembali ke ‘ pelajaran baru ‘ dan kembali menghafal halaman) .
5 ) aku terdengar agak berlebihan di sini , karena saya tidak bisa berbaring lagi penting pada berapa banyak yang Anda butuhkan untuk meninjau ‘ hafalan baru . ‘ Itu akan membuat / istirahat hifdh Anda .
6 ) Jika Anda menghafal halaman sehari, Anda akan menyelesaikan juz dalam 20 hari . Setelah dua puluh hari , butuh waktu lima hari ekstra untuk meninjau seluruh juz dengan seseorang mahir .
7) juz Anda sudah hafal sekarang akan dianggap sebagai bagian dari Anda menghafal tua. ‘
Ini adalah apa pun yang Anda telah memeriksa setidaknya dua puluh lima hari berturut-turut . Jumlah yang Anda meninjau tergantung pada seberapa banyak Anda telah hafal Al-Qur’an . Setelah Anda hafal Al-Qur’an ( yang saya berdoa adalah segera untuk kalian semua berusaha menghafalnya ) , pelajaran baru dan hafalan baru akan datang untuk berhenti , dan Anda akan ditinggalkan dengan menghafal tua . Hal ini akan terus berlanjut selama kiri kehidupan kita sampai maut tidak memisahkan kita .
1 ) Harian
Antara 1-3 juz , Anda harus meninjau lima halaman setiap hari .
Antara 4-7 juz Anda harus meninjau 10 halaman ( yang sama dengan setengah juz ) setiap hari .
Antara 7-15 juz , Anda harus meninjau 20 halaman (yang sama dengan satu juz ) setiap hari .
Antara 15-20 juz , Anda harus meninjau 30 halaman ( yang sama dengan 1,5 juz ) setiap hari .
Antara 20-30 juz , Anda harus meninjau 60 halaman ( yang sama dengan 2 juz ) setiap hari .
2 ) Baca juz untuk diri sendiri kemudian membacakan kepada guru / Hafidh .
Proses ini akan terus berlanjut selama sisa hidup Anda .
3 ) Dalam ‘ menghafal lama , ” Anda tidak harus mendapatkan lebih dari empat kesalahan , atau empat gagap dalam juz a .
Sebuah kesalahan mengklasifikasikan sebagai salah membaca sesuatu dan tidak mampu untuk memperbaikinya . Sebuah gagap mengklasifikasikan membaca sesuatu tidak benar , yang dikirim kembali beberapa ayahs untuk memperbaikinya , dan akhirnya membaca dengan benar . Pada saat yang sama , Anda harus membuat lebih dari satu kesalahan atau satu gagap untuk setiap lima halaman yang Anda baca .
Ketika saya menemukan sebuah ayat menjadi keras , saya akan melihat ke mushaf dan menulis di suatu tempat . Pada saat saya juga akan mendengarkan bacaan untuk memudahkan menghafal bagi saya ( saya sarankan Sh . Husary ) . Kadang-kadang mencari dan mengulanginya tidak akan membuat ayat tongkat , sehingga melakukan apa pun untuk mengingatnya !
Jika Anda goyah agak di menghafal lama , itu ok. Hanya jangan lewatkan dua sampai tiga hari sekaligus. Membaca Al-Qur’an merupakan usaha seumur hidup .
Meninjau lebih penting daripada menghafal .
Fokus pada menyempurnakan ‘ pelajaran baru’ dan ‘ hafalan baru . ‘
Jika Anda merasa beberapa bagian tidak kuat , memberikan preferensi untuk meninjau bagian itu daripada menghafal sesuatu yang baru .
Membaca sesuatu sehari-hari. Tidak hanya harus kita lakukan ini sebagai mahasiswa hifdh , tetapi harus kebiasaan kita sebagai Muslim . Saya katakan , jangan mengatakan ” Saya sudah hafal jumlah x Qur’an hari ini , jadi tidak perlu membaca dan merenungkan . ” Beberapa waktu untuk membaca dan merenungkan beberapa ayat harian Mengambil .
Ini adalah metode yang optimal yang saya temukan mudah untuk diriku sendiri untuk menghafal . Hal itu dirumuskan dalam pikiran saya empat belas tahun sebagai mahasiswa Qur’an yang merasa sulit untuk menghafal buku Allāh itu . Aku bertanya bantuan Allāh , dan saya merasa metode ini adalah jawabannya .
Saya berharap Allāh memfasilitasi menghafal buku -Nya bagi Anda semua , dan memberkati Anda dengan Ramadhan positif tak terlupakan di mana Anda mencapai semua tujuan hidup Anda .